Mount Abu is a hill station in the Aravalli Range in Rajasthan, India. It is the highest point in Rajasthan, with an altitude of 1,722 meters (5,650 feet). Mount Abu is a popular tourist destination, and it is known for its scenic beauty, its temples, and its wildlife.
Things to do in Mount Abu
There are a number of things to do in Mount Abu, including:
- Visiting the Dilwara Jain Temples: The Dilwara Jain Temples are a group of 5 Jain temples that are located in Mount Abu. The temples are made of white marble, and they are considered to be some of the most beautiful Jain temples in the world.
- Swimming in Nakki Lake: Nakki Lake is a beautiful lake that is located in Mount Abu. The lake is surrounded by hills, and it is a popular spot for swimming, boating, and fishing.
- Hiking in Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary: The Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary is a protected area that is located in Mount Abu. The sanctuary is home to a variety of animals, including leopards, sloth bears, and monkeys.
- Visiting the Guru Shikhar: Guru Shikhar is the highest point in Mount Abu. The peak offers stunning views of the surrounding area, and it is a popular spot for hiking and picnicking.
- Visiting the Sunset Point: Sunset Point is a popular spot to watch the sunset. The point offers stunning views of the Aravalli Range, and it is a great place to relax and enjoy the scenery.
Where to stay in Mount Abu
There are a number of hotels and resorts in Mount Abu. You can choose to stay in a budget hotel or a luxury resort. There are also a number of homestays in Mount Abu.
How to get to Mount Abu
Mount Abu is located about 260 kilometers (162 mi) from Udaipur. You can reach Mount Abu by train, bus, or car. The nearest airport is in Udaipur.
Tips for visiting Mount Abu
- Visit during the off-season: The best time to visit Mount Abu is during the off-season (October to March). The weather is pleasant during this time, and there are fewer crowds.
- Bring comfortable shoes: If you plan on doing any hiking or trekking, be sure to bring comfortable shoes.
- Pack light: The weather in Mount Abu is pleasant, so you don’t need to pack a lot of clothes.
- Be respectful of the local culture: Mount Abu is a Hindu pilgrimage site, so be sure to be respectful of the local culture.